International Symposium on Social Media 2019
Theme: Social Media Consumption: Trends and Practices
Behavioral Approaches to Social Media research
- Barriers to social media use
- Effects of social media use
- Dark side of social media.
- Social media influencers
- Adoption and diffusion of online social networks
- Social media, Trust, Privacy and Ethics
- Social media and Governance
- Social media versus mainstream media
- Social media and activism
- Social media-facilitated collaborations
- Multidisciplinary applications of Social Media
- Applications of emoji in social media
- Social media addictions
- Innovative social media strategies
- Social media and marketing
Computational Approaches to Social Media research
- Social network analysis
- Social Media Data Mining
- Analysis of social network content
- Sentiment Analysis
- Event processing using social networks
- Fake news detection and analysis
- Human computer interaction: interfaces, navigation and visualization
- Social Media and Big Data
- Service quality of social networking sites
The conference is free for locals and $100 for international delegates, $80 for regional. Conference registration is open . Conference participants should register by clicking here.
This is a blind peer-reviewed conference. All submissions will be subject to double-blind peer-review process, and should be submitted electronically through the conference submission system here by July 30, 2019.
Types of Contributions
- Full Papers – These include mainly accomplished research results and have 8 pages at the maximum (5,000 words).
- Short Papers – These are mostly composed of work in progress reports or fresh developments and have 4 pages at maximum (2,500 words).
- Posters/Demonstrations – These have one page at the maximum (625 words) besides the poster itself (or demonstration) that will be exposed at the conference.
- Invited Talks – These will be made of contributions from well-known scholars and company representatives. An abstract will be included in the conference proceedings.
- Doctoral Consortium – Doctoral Consortium Contributions should have a maximum 2,500 words (4 pages).
Registration fee will be sent to the below USIU-Africa account (indicate the purpose of payment) “Social Media Symposium 2019”
Commercial Bank of Africa Ltd-Upper Hill Branch: USD a/c: 6462210014
The organizing committee has negotiated special rates at Sunstar Hotel Nairobi When booking accommodation make sure you state that you are the ISSM2019 delegate. Transport will be provided to and from the hotel to the conference venue.
Submission of Papers: July 30, 2019
Reviews Sent to Authors: August 10, 2019
Camera-ready due date: August 30, 2019
Conference dates: September 11-12, 2019