Vaccines Management and Immunization
The United States International University Africa (USIU-Africa) School of Pharmacy & Health Sciences in conjunction with the Pharmaceutical Society of Kenya (PSK) is pleased to introduce a short course in Vaccines Management and Immunization course. The course is designed to meet the emerging health system needs of a dynamic multiskilled health workforce.
Learners will understand:
- The rationale and history of vaccines, various vaccine technologies, mechanisms of action and epidemiology of vaccination, covering over 20 vaccines and immunoglobulins.
- Fundamentals of disease and immunology as it relates to vaccines.
- Vaccines Logistics: Pedigree tracking, Transportation (Cold Chain), Storage, documentation, emergency management and record keeping.
- Public health and impact on UHC goal.
- Kenyan Vaccine Laws, regulation, guidelines, WHO/CDC/ACDC.
- Vaccine administration, emergency management, Patient screening, Post Vaccine assessment for adverse events, and how to monitor and report any adverse reactions.
Click image to magnify
- Three times annually - February, June and October.
- The 30-hour course will be delivered over 1 month.
- A Diploma, Undergraduate degree in Pharmacy and related health professional disciplines.
- The course is eligible for CPD points as per PPB CPD Guidelines 2013.
- KES. 25,000
• You shall receive a notification for acceptance to the course via email.
• Go ahead and pay the requisite fees in full as one installment. (Payment options)
• You shall be notified of your successful enrollment to the course.
• Credentials for access to online course materials and sessions shall be sent to you.
• You then commence the course as a cohort.
For general inquiries:
Tel: +254730 116 833 | 0730 116 810