Bachelor of Science in Software Engineering
The Bachelor of Science in Software Engineering program prepares students for successful careers as software engineers by providing them with an experiential learning opportunity that enables them to apply knowledge that can solve real-world problems.
The program strives to impart students with knowledge and skills that enable them to design, code, test and manage quality-measured software systems. Graduates should be able to design and develop solutions that are dependable, secure, reliable, and that adhere to the user requirements.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the Bachelor of Science in Software Engineering program, students will be expected to:
- Apply Software Engineering concepts and principles to analyze real-world software problems;
- Develop software programs using modern software methodologies and processes;
- Demonstrate team work through collaborative implementation of software using modern software engineering principles and techniques;
- Apply software testing, quality assurance, security, and costing techniques to software development;
- Develop software products in line with software engineering ethics and standards;
- Conduct research in the field of software engineering;
- Be well prepared for further studies in the area of software engineering.
To obtain admission into the program, an applicant must satisfy one of the following requirements:
- C+ for Kenya Secondary Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) holders or
- At least two principal passes in KACE or EACE or
- Five (5) upper level passes at IGCSE/IB
- Five (5) credits in any 5 subjects at ‘O’ Level or ‘A’ Level passes of C at GCE
- Kenya National Examination Council (KNEC) diploma or equivalent.
Graduates will venture into the following careers:
- Application Software Developers
- System Software Developers
- Embedded Application Developers
- Game Developers
- Web Developers
- Software Testers