The School of Graduate Studies, Research and Extension provides a one stop shop for all graduate students’ needs and supports academic research in line with University policy.
The School oversees graduate programs, partnerships with other universities and industry, research opportunities and funding, upcoming conferences and workshops, colloquia and scholarships for graduate research.
With regard to the graduate studies, the school ensures standardization of all graduate programs, encourages collaboration amongst the graduate programs, oversees implementation processes and quality checks, fundraises for graduate programs provides the criteria for admission of graduate students, manages comprehensive examinations, oversees internal and external examination of theses and reviews students’ graduation requirements before approval by the senate. The school also offers training services to students, staff and faculty on applied research (proposal development, research methodology, publishing and dissemination of research output).
With regard to research and extension, the school’s mandate is to link the university with the industry by offering value add support to industry. This is to be achieved by;
- Providing cutting edge consultancies and trainings to industry and becoming knowledge partners in industry events
- Undertaking research that is relevant to the industry hence create a think tank for the industry’s use and advise on the intellectual property rights of the outcome of such research and consequent products developed
- Providing alternative thinking to the social problems affecting the society at large and ensuring that policy advocacy is based on valid data
- Hosting public lectures where industry leaders share their experiences with the university students
- Providing industry leaders with a forum to address multi-disciplinary conferences
- The school has responsibility for all extension and related services.
- Lastly the school promotes research culture by supporting public lectures and hosting academic conferences. The overall annual university conference (East African Multidisciplinary Applied Research Conference) is hosted in November while other conferences with specific themes are hosted on a quarterly basis.
PROF. AMOS NJUGUNA
Professor of Finance
Phone: +254 730 116 442/441
Ms. Susan Muchai
The Rapid Growth Ignition Course gives you an understanding of how to innovate in the context of emerging technologies, using a systematic and proven science of innovation. Our methodology of action-based learning and outcome-driven innovation is hinged on having the right perspectives of the ‘new normal’ resulting from the emerging megatrends and mastery of a set of proven frameworks and tools that can help you create new market disruptors.Read more
This program gives participants an opportunity to:
- Engage with academic, industry leaders and security professionals in assessing the most critical cyber threats facing financial institutions in East Africa.
- Learn best practices and get exposed to strategies and most effective approaches to implement cyber security strategies at their organizations.
- Be informed on how to develop a Cyber Security Policy for their organization.
- Earn Cyber Security Leadership and Innovation Certification from United States International University – Africa.Read more
LaunchPad is an immersive and revolutionary one-year evidence-based program that incubate great ideas and provides an indispensable guide and answers to business challenges.It offers a candid practical, direct, hands-on insight and battle-test solution to business failures by freeing your imagination, shifting your perspective and providing a roadmap to create new frontiers of opportunity, growth and jobs.
The Narendra Raval (Guru) Entrepreneurship and Social Innovation (ESI) Program is an Outcome-Based Entrepreneurship methodology which equip participants with the 21st century mindset, skills, frameworks, tools and process that help them transition from entrepreneurial intention to reality through a predictable Evidence-Based Innovation Process (EBIP).
Innovation and Incubation Center
I2C provides entrepreneurship training, advisement, mentoring, linkages, and work space for student and alumni-run ventures. Selected business ideas are incubated for a 12-month period to develop the idea and to better position it for a successful launch.