Do you need help in financing your USIU-Africa education?
In partnership with USIU-Africa, we are pleased to announce a new student financing program available for prospective and current USIU-Africa students pursuing certain degree programs. The LEAP Program is a fellowship program designed to provide aspiring students with affordable financing to pursue quality higher education, as well as to support you throughout your studies and in your future job search. LEAP Fellows can benefit from the program in the following ways:
- Access to affordable financing (in the form of a student loan) to fund university studies;
- Access to financial literacy training so that you become better borrowers and savers;
- Access to a bespoke training programme, tailored to your needs – topics will include, leadership and career development, and linkages with employers; and
- Become part of a vibrant student community that will provide you with support with your academics as well as with your university life, and as alumni after you graduate.
In order to be considered for the LEAP Program, you are required to meet the following criteria:
- Kenyan citizen; aged at least 18 years old;
- Must meet USIU-Africa admission requirements or, is currently pursuing any of the following initial USIU-Africa undergraduate programs: BSc. Applied Com puter Technology; BSc. Information Systems Technology; B.Pharmacy; B.Sc.Accounting; or B.Sc. Finance, a
- Demonstrated strong academic performance (minimum KSCE score of B- or GPA of 2.7);
- Studying or admitted to study one of the following programs: Applied Computer Technology, Information Systems Technology, Pharmacy, Accounting and Finance.
If you are interested in being considered for the LEAP Program for the Spring (January) 2019 semester, please submit your expression of interest via email to USIU-Africa’s Financial Aid Office by 15 October 2018 to:
Financial Aid Office,
P.O. Box 14364 00800
Tel: 0730 116 776/745
Please include in the e-mail: full names, student ID, and current program for current students. Prospective students should indicate full names and program they’ve applied for.
Prospective students are required to duly fill the USIU-Africa application form available at www.usiu.ac.ke/applicationform accompanied by relevant supporting documents.
N/B: Please note that your expression of interest is non-binding and does not guarantee you will awarded a LEAP Fellowship.
The Lending for Education in Africa Partnership (LEAP) is a program designed to increase financing for higher education access in Sub-Saharan Africa. LEAP is a non-profit social lending fund model, designed to offer affordable financing, incentivize academic success and improve the quality and relevance of higher education degrees.