As earlier communicated, the 43rd Commencement Ceremony is scheduled to take place on Saturday, September 25, 2021. Following a resolution passed by the University Senate on August 18, 2021, this year’s ceremony will be held as a physical event on campus subject to adherence to COVID-19 protocols as prescribed by the Ministry of Health and Government of Kenya.
The event will be attended by the graduating students ONLY, and will be held subject to the following health guidelines:
The University, through the Office of the DVC-Academic and Student Affairs, will share more details on the ongoing preparations of the Commencement as they become available.
We look forward to hosting you in person as you celebrate this momentous achievement.
Prof. Munyae Mulinge,
Ag. Deputy Vice Chancellor, Academic and Student Affairs.
United States International University-Africa Commencement Ceremony will take place on Saturday, September 25, 2021 on campus to be attended by graduating students ONLY. USIU-Africa Security Department wishes to announce the following:
Main Gate (Gate 'A')
a). For the Chief Guest and other invited guests – they will be dropped at Parking A and their vehicles parked there.
b). Graduands on foot may access the campus through Gate A.
c). Staff and faculty members on duty will access the campus through Gate A and park their vehicles at SST parking, and Student Centre parking.
d). Staff and faculty members will be required to have their RFID cards for self-identification and to enable them access campus.
The graduands will park their vehicles behind the new School of Humanities & Social Sciences building. Only graduands will be allowed to access the campus (their drivers, relatives, photographers, etc. will not be able to access the campus).
Click map to enlarge
To enhance health safety and security we expect the following;
The Security Department is looking forward to your support and cooperation to make this day a success.
United States International University - Africa values the lifelong relationship we have with our over 22,000 alumni. As an alumnus or alumna of USIU- Africa you are automatically a member of our Alumni Association. We are proud to offer all our members a wide range of exclusive benefits, and we encourage you to take advantage of these Alumni Association services:
Alumni Library Services
1. For Kshs. 1, 000 annual alumni membership fee, you have access to the Library, but you can’t borrow any materials
2. For Kshs. 3,000, you have 3 - months full access to the Library
3. For Kshs. 5,000, you have 12- months full access to the Library
Please note that for number 2 and 3 above, you need to add Kshs. 1,000 annual membership fee.
Membership to the Alumni Executive Committee
The Alumni Association is governed by the Executive Committee, consisting the Chairperson, Vice Chairperson, Treasurer, Secretary and four other officials. If you wish to vie for any of these positions, you must be a paid up member of the Association. Further, only paid up members are eligible to attend and vote during the Annual General Meetings (AGM).
Participation in Alumni Events
The Alumni Office, working very closely with the Executive Committee, plans and executes several on campus and off campus events geared towards mentorship, networking, and socializing. These events include, but are not limited to Homecoming, Class Reunions, Affinity Evenings, Cocktails & Dinners, Breakfasts, and CEO Visits, among others. Plans are underway to introduce day and overnight trips at subsidized rates. While some of the events are open to all Alumni, a few are limited to only paid up alumni.
Access to University Counseling Services
This benefit is available to fully paid-up members of the USIU-Africa Alumni Association
Access to The Incubation and Innovation Center
Want to become an entrepreneur, launch a new business, or grow your startup venture? As you may know, here at your alma mater, we run an entrepreneurship incubation program for current students and alumni. We offer free entrepreneurship coaching, mentoring, training, guest speakers, focus groups, investor pitching, networking, and office space.
This benefit is available to fully paid-up members of the USIU-Africa Alumni Association.
On-line Alumni Career Services
1. This service is free
2. The Placement and Careers Services (PACS) Office provides opportunities through Career Link for alumni to post their CVs, find careers, improve their careers, or help other USIU-Africa graduates with their career search. Our career services section features a password-protected online, searchable listing of the latest job postings.
Alumni Electronic Magazine
1. This service is free
2. The e-magazine is sent out to all members to keep them informed of the past, current and future alumni news and events. It also highlights selected new developments within and beyond the campus, which may be of interest to members.
On-line Alumni database (coming soon)
Financial Aid for Continuing Education Opportunities
1. Family Tuition Waiver: This is 10% tuition waiver in recognition of parents/guardians or sponsors continuous support for USIU-Africa. Eligible applicant must have two nuclear family members previously or currently enrolled at USIU-Africa. Proof of blood relationship is required. The Applicant must maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.0 (at Undergraduate level) and a cumulative G.P.A of 3.0 (at graduate level). Doctoral program students are not eligible.
2. Legatee Tuition Waiver: This is a 10% tuition waiver for children of fully paid-up members of the USIU-Africa Alumni Association. this waiver may be availed to eligible applicants upon admissions and is subject to availability of the allocated funds. The Applicants must maintain a cumulative G.P.A of 2.0 (at undergraduate level) and a cumulative G.P.A of 3.0 (at graduate level). Doctoral program students are not eligible.
3. Alumni Graduate Tuition Waiver: This is a 10% tuition waiver for USIU-Africa alumni who are pursuing their graduate studies at the university. Applicants must be fully paid-up members of the USIU-Africa Alumni Association prior to applying for the grant and must NOT be enrolled in doctoral programs. Beneficiaries of the grant must maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.2 and above for the continued eligibility and are not legible for the Family Tuition waiver or the Legatee Tuition Waiver.
This benefit is available to fully paid-up members of the USIU-Africa Alumni Association. For a monthly fee of Kshs. 1,500, paid up alumni have access to the gym and swimming pool.
If you wish to register as a member, please click here.