Degree Certificate Replacement Policy

If an alumnus loses the degree certificate the following procedure will apply

They must provide a sworn affidavit from a notary, lawyer or commissioner of oaths certifying that the original diploma was lost. The affidavit should include the full name, address and phone number, date of birth, the degree and the year it was granted.

If the degree certificate is damaged or there is need to change the name on the certificate the original certificate should be sent to the Registrar.

For name changes, enclose a photocopy of your of birth certificate, change of name certificate, marriage certificate, proof of divorce or other legal documents that support your name change, corrections, additions or deletions .

A covering letter must include the applicant’s full name, student number, address and phone number. It must state the reason for requesting a replacement diploma, and clearly indicate the changes to be made.

Please note: All requests made by a third party on behalf of a graduate must be accompanied by a signed letter of authorization. A student who loses the document is required to pay Ksh.5,000 for replacement and wait for the next batch of certificates being ordered . The re-ordered certificate will have a notation to indicate that it is a replacement.

Social Media