Sports and Fitness Facilities
At USIU-Africa, we try to keep students active in different extra-curricular activities. The Sports Office co-ordinates sports activities. USIU-Africa sport teams represent the university in various leagues within and outside the country. In order to engage as many students as possible in sports, the university provides participatory sports programs. Students are encouraged to participate in sporting activities for leisure, recreation, as well as development of talents.
The Sports Committee (SPAC)
The Sports Committee is the umbrella organisation of all sport teams on campus. The committee is made up of six officials who are elected by team captains and Team Managers.
Teams that you can join:
1. Men's Basketball Team
2. Ladies’ Basketball Team
3. Men's Hockey Team
4. Ladies Hockey Team
5. Rugby Team
6. Soccer Men
7. Soccer Ladies
8. Volleyball Ladies Team
10. Tae kwon Do
Campus Participatory Sports
1. American Football
3. Athletics (Track and Field)
4. Lawn Tennis
State of the art Gym
The university has a state of the art gym located at the Sports Wing of the Student Centre. The fitness programs run from Monday to Friday every semester. The Sports Wing is made up of the Martial Arts room, Cardio room, Main Gym, Aerobics Studio, Strength and Conditioning Room.
In the university’s quest to develop and enhance our students’ holistic skills, the university boasts of a timeless swimming pool show features include:
1. 25 M length x 17M wide, 8 (eight) lane deck type Swimming pool.
2. Plant room fitted with circulation Pumps, Eco salt Chlorinators, balancing tank and sand filters.
3. 15 Sunbeds
4. 1 Life saver’s chair, 8 No lifesaving rings and emergency telephone, Emergency and First aid kit.
5. 2 Stainless steel for the 2M deep end and 1 M shallow end.
6. Ladies changing rooms complete with 3 (three) showers , 4 (four) toilets
7. Gents changing rooms with 3 (three) showers , 4(four) toilets
8. Paraplegic facility
9. Janitors room
So, whether you are looking for something new or are a well seasoned athlete, USIU-Africa welcomes anyone who wishes to come and train with us. Students are encouraged and trained to develop holistic skills through extensively-funded club, sports and student government activities.
For more information about our Sports programs, kindly visit the Sports Offices at the Freida Brown Student Center, Ground Floor or on extension 747 and 768.