Library to open every day of the Fall Semester
By the USIU-Africa Library Team
The library will be open every day this Fall semester 2021 to facilitate borrowing and returning of library materials and use of the spaces for study and research. Owing to the ongoing pandemic, all users are requested to adhere to the recommended safety measures as per the COVID-19 Government Regulations. Thus, you are expected to:
- Be a current USIU-Africa student, faculty, staff or registered alumni;
- Have proof of your identity (USIU-Africa ID);
- Wear your face mask correctly the entire time you are in the building;
- Use your card not fingerprints to gain entry into the library building;
- Use the provided hand sanitizers before handling library materials;
- Leave any items you touch on the trolleys located throughout the library; and
- Observe the recommended physical distance while queuing and using the reading space.
Any library user who fails to observe social distancing and/or disregards the use of a face mask will be asked to leave the building.
The Library opening hours will be as follows:
- Monday to Friday: 8.15 am - 6.00 pm (Online support till 9.00pm)
- Saturday: 9.00 am - 6.00 pm
- Sunday: 11.00 am - 5.00 pm
- Public Holidays: CLOSED
Various services will continue to be available online including access to eResources, scheduled training via Zoom, clearance, and response to your queries coming through email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, WhatsApp: +254 782 620 858 and online/live chat @ https://library.usiu.ac.ke
For regular updates on the status of library services, like and follow us on our social media pages – Facebook: USIULibrary and Twitter: @UsiuLibrary and your USIU-Africa email.