CHIEF MANAGER, MARKETING AND COMMUNICATIONS
Reporting to the Director of University Advancement, the Chief Manager, Marketing and Communications will provide leadership in designing and implementing the corporate communications and marketing strategy of the University.
1. Develop and implement a strategic marketing, student admissions, communications, Public Relations and digital strategies in line with the overall University’s Strategic Plan.
2. Develop, implement and monitor policies, plans, strategies, and outputs.
3. Continually build all aspects of the University’s brand in collaboration with its stakeholders.
4. Ensure consistent articulation of the University’s brand to internal and external stakeholders.
5. Design and implement effective internal communication strategies to the University’s various constituencies.
6. Develop, implement and monitor effective use of the departmental budget.
7. Provide guidance for university functions to be executed in line with the University’s brand, policies, and aspirations.
8. Manage the University’s marketing efforts in liaison with Schools, Admissions, and other stakeholders.
9. Act as the University’s representative with the media in negotiating and building relations with the media.
10. Continuously monitor and report on the University’s media coverage and brand positioning across multiple media channels.
11. Develop a deep understanding of client preferences and trends, based on market research, customer satisfaction surveys, and focus groups.
12. Any other responsibilities assigned by the supervisor.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s degree in Corporate Communications, Marketing or Public Relations from an accredited university.
- Demonstrated management experience of at least ten years in a multi-level and cross-cultural relations in an international environment.
Skills and Competencies
- Exceptional writing and editorial skills
- Media relations skills
- Relationship management skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Organizational skills
- Good inter-personal skills
- Good computer and database skills
- Management skills
- Strategic planning experience
- Budgeting experience
- Strategic decisions
- Tactical decisions
- Relationship management
- Conflict resolution
Interested applicants must provide a cover letter and a current CV, certified copies of educational certificates and transcripts, names and addresses of three referees, current salary and benefits, telephone and e-mail contacts to email@example.com by Wednesday, July 31, 2019.
United States International University - Africa
P.O. Box 14634-00800, Nairobi, Kenya