CHIEF MANAGER, PARTNERSHIPS AND EXTERNAL LINKAGES
Reporting to the Director, University Advancement, the Chief Manager will spearhead the University’s strategy to identify, engage with and build partnerships and linkages that will help fulfill the mission of USIU-Africa.
- Strengthen the capacity of USIU-Africa to harness partnerships and institutional linkages.
- Develop, implement and monitor policies, plans, strategies, and outputs.
- Cultivate and coordinate partnerships with Government agencies, the private sector, international agencies, civic organizations, and foreign missions.
- Organize and provide leadership to multi-stakeholder alliances, consortia, committees, task forces, or technical working groups in advancing the university’s interests.
- Develop, implement and monitor effective use of the departmental budget.
- Maintain a repository and monitor all University partnerships and external linkages.
- Engage all stakeholders of the University involved in external partnerships.
- Any other responsibilities assigned by the supervisor.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s degree in Business related studies, Communications or International Relations from an accredited university.
- Demonstrated management experience of at least seven years in a multi-level and cross-cultural relations in an international environment preferably in a higher education institution.
Skills and Competencies
- Relationship management skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Organizational skills
- Good inter-personal skills
- Good computer and database skills
- Management skills
- Strategic planning experience
- Budgeting experience
- Strategic decisions
- Tactical decisions
- Relationship management
- Conflict resolution
Interested applicants must provide a cover letter and a current CV, certified copies of educational certificates and transcripts, names and addresses of three referees, current salary and benefits, telephone and e-mail contacts to email@example.com by Wednesday, July 31, 2019.
United States International University - Africa
P.O. Box 14634-00800, Nairobi, Kenya