(RE-ADVERTISEMENT ) Dean Chandaria School of Business
Reporting to the Associate DVC - Academic Affairs, the successful candidate will provide exemplary strategic leadership in the Chandaria School of Business that promotes excellence in undergraduate, graduate and doctoral education within a high quality working environment for faculty and staff.
- Leading and coordinating the development and implementation of the chandaria School of Business strategic plan towards the achievement of the goals of the University’s strategic plan in a manner that promotes excellence in instruction, scholarly and creative productivity and service at the University.
- Providing strategic and visionary leadership and promoting inclusive governance to foster excellence in teaching and learning, research and scholarship, and public service through robust engagement with faculty, staff, and students.
- Effectively representing the School of Business in university-wide planning and budgetary processes and implementing university-wide policies and decisions at the school level.
- Promoting strong communication within the chandaria School of Business, in the University, and with external constituencies.
- Developing and managing the budget and fiscal affairs of the chandaria School of Business, overseeing utilization of facilities, leading and encouraging fundraising to meet the school’s needs and goals of the departments and programs, and faculty and students.
- Cultivating and maintaining external engagements beneficial for student experiential learning and placement opportunities and faculty teaching and research, as well as in the outreach and public service efforts of the school.
- Managing the establishment, review, and assessment of the chandaria School of Business academic and co-curricular programs to ensure continuous improvement of student learning and success, faculty teaching and scholarship, and institutional effectiveness.
- Overseeing the appointment of faculty and staff, associate deans, chairs of departments, and heads of centers and institutes in the chandaria School of Business, undertaking performance reviews of school administrators in consultation with faculty and staff, and overseeing processes of employee evaluation, training, and retention.
- Evaluating overall Departmental/School productivity in instruction, research, and service responsibilities
- Providing recommendations to the University administration regarding sabbaticals and other leaves for faculty and staff; and service responsibilities.
- Providing recommendations to the University administration regarding sabbaticals and other leaves for faculty and staff;
- PhD in any field relevant to the School of Business.
- Professor in Rank in any one of the programs offered in the Chandaria School of Business.
- Management experience of at least three years as associate dean, head of a department, institute, or center in an academic or research institution.
Personal Attributes & Competencies
- Analytical and quantitative skills
- Organizational skills
- Good inter-personal skills
- Good computer skills
- Management skills
- Administrative and leadership experience preferably in an accredited institution of higher education.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and develop relationships as well as partnerships within the University.
- Demonstrated strategic planning experience.
- Documented experience with budgets and personnel management.
- Strategic decisions
- Tactical decisions
- Quality assurance
- Conflict resolution
If you have the requisite qualifications and experience and want to work as a team member in a modern and progressive institution where you can make a difference, please apply. Interested applicants must provide a cover letter and a current CV, certified copies of educational certificates and transcripts, names and addresses of three referees, current salary and benefits, telephone and e-mail contacts to the following address by Friday, January 3, 2020.
Director of Administration,
United States International University - Africa
P.O Box 14634-00800, Nairobi, Kenya