Cyber Security Leadership and Innovation Program
This program gives participants an opportunity to:
- Engage with academic, industry leaders and security professionals in assessing the most critical cyber threats facing financial institutions in East Africa.
- Learn best practices and get exposed to strategies and most effective approaches to implement cyber security strategies at their organizations.
- Be informed on how to develop a Cyber Security Policy for their organization.
- Earn Cyber Security Leadership and Innovation Certification from United States International University – Africa.
What sets this program apart:
Cyber Security has become highly complex and executives are facing challenges: getting the risk-assessment right; developing cyber security strategy; evaluate system vulnerabilities and impact; how to hire good security experts and how to act during an incident.
The question is: WHY? What is the root cause of all these threats? Cyber Security Leadership and Innovation program is designed to address this by providing decision makers with a set of candid-practical tools, battle-tested methodology and hands-on insight on how to deal with cyber security and manage the problem effectively and responsibly.
- Gain the necessary know-how to develop a world-class corporate security strategy for your organization.
- Develop the expertise to secure and protect your company’s IT assets in all formats through an integrated approach to cyber security.
- Understand the need for an effective cyber security risk management framework – Information Security Management Systems [ISMS] – ISO 27001.
- Support cyber security planning, development of cyber security policy and implementation of cyber security strategy.
- Appraise the interrelationships among elements that comprise a modern cyber security system, including hardware, software, policies and people.
- Assess cyber threat landscape and trends, including nature of threats, general status of common vulnerabilities and the likely consequences of security failure.
- Justify the need for business continuity planning and propose how to implement such a plan successfully within a modern enterprise.
- Assess the role of good metrics and key performance indicators (KPIs) in security assessment and governance.
- Evaluate the principles of risk and critique cyber risk management approaches including cyber risk insurance.
- Understand the importance of staff awareness training to create a proactive security culture within your organization.
- Understand the legal, regulatory and management responsibilities for protecting the business.
- 3-Day Immersive Material Delivery.
- 6-Month hands-on Coaching/Mentorship.
- Cyber Security Workshop – Every 2 months during the year
- Chief Information Officers, Chief Information Security Officers, Chief Finance Officers, Chief Technology Officers, Chief Innovation Officers, Chief Operation Officer.
- Senior Risk Managers, Senior Audit Managers, Senior Compliance Managers, Senior Legal Manager, Senior Strategy Managers.
- Business Development Managers, Business Analyst Managers and other Heads of Departments.