The United States International University - Africa is the largest, private, secular university in East and Central Africa catering to over 6000 students representing 75 nationalities and with a global network of over 17,000 alumni.
In line with USIU - Africa’s commitment to providing quality, affordable education through world-class service delivery platforms, USIU-Africa is seeking to recruit suitable candidates for the positions.
Senior ICT Officer (Multimedia Services)
Job Summary: Reporting to the Director ICT, the Senior ICT Officer-Multimedia is charged with the responsibility of providing direction for all hardware and software systems that deliver multimedia services to the university community, and management of the activities of the team members in the unit.
- Planning and deploying multimedia equipment and software - Suse Linux, LCD Projectors, Public Address Systems, and multimedia applications.
- Design and enforce security across all client computers and servers utilizing multimedia services
- Design and deploy backup and disaster recovery plans for all multimedia services
- Responsible for developing SOPs and other periodical checklists to ensure that services run optimally in the university.
- Training of helpdesk officers , roaming support team members, interns and work studies to ensure they can give level 1 and 2 support to customers on multimedia issues.
- Interfacing with business applications section to plan for new projects that require input I or impact multimedia services.
- Managing vendor relationships to ensure services in the unit are delivered effectively, in a timely manner and cost effectively
- Designing Technical Specifications of Audio Visual (AV) equipment and ensuring that equipment- supplied by vendors conform to the same.
- Managing the equipment status to ensure that replacements and upgrades are scheduled timely
- Designing and updating documentation - security, configurations, tests, patches, inventory, etc.
- Scheduling and supervising maintenance of all equipment and software in the section.
- Managing the activities of other employees, interns and work study teams assigned to them.
- Managing the staff leave schedule so that the department may provide un-interrupted service the university community.
- Inform users at the beginning of every semester how to access and utilize multimedia teaching aids in the university.
- Manage vendor contracts and short term projects.
- Planning and availing multimedia resources to different sections of the Institution
Minimum Educational Qualifications and professional Experience
- Undergraduate degree in computer science, electrical engineering, Information Systems Technology or other equivalent course from an accredited university.
- At least three years' experience working in a busy ICT environment.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience at supervisory Level
- Shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results;
- Confidentiality and integrity;
- Proficiency in computer applications;
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills;
- Relationship builder & effective negotiator;
- Good communication skills;
- Attention to detail;
- Adaptability and reliability
There are no articles in this category. If subcategories display on this page, they may contain articles.