Academic InternshipInternship is offered as a course at USIU-Africa designed for seniors and graduate students in all academic programs at the university. This is in accord with the overall mission of USIU-Africa to provide an environment of growth, knowledge and work experience for its students. This entails preparedness for career through mastery of a field of knowledge and its multicultural application. Such mastery is accomplished through both formal study and various experiential forms of learning such as the internship and fieldwork, which are a requirement for each student before graduation.
The internship program at USIU-Africa exists to prepare students for a smooth transition to the work environment and to secure internship placements.
- Securing internship placement for students
- Advertisement of internship opportunities
- Recruitment of interns
- Registration of internship classes
- Continuous guidance of students regarding internships
PartnershipsUSIU-Africa partners with various local and international organizations to place students in internship positions.
Purpose of the Academic Internship
- To develop students with insight into the work environment,
- To increase awareness of personal and social skills for improvement.
- To provide hands on experience in the student’s area of study.
- To develop students ability to tackle practical problems in organizations.
Procedures to Secure Internship
- Applicant must be a senior (final semester)
- An Acceptance Letter is obtained from the organization (duly signed and stamped by the organization).
- Print the indemnity agreement form from the Website or CX portal and fill it.
- Print the Contract Agreement Form from the Website or CX portal and have it filled and stamped by the Organization
- Submit the Acceptance letter, Indemnity and the Contract Agreement Forms to the internship office
- Upon submission the student is registered for the internship class at the internship office if all requirements are met
- Attend the first Internship Class.
- Download dairy diaries and supervisors evaluation form from the website under downloads or the CX Portal>Campus life>Internship office page under handouts
- Attend the final class at the end of the semester during which the Internship report together with the evaluation form and daily diaries will be submitted to the instructor.
- First and Last classes will be communicated via Students USIU-Africa email address
- Required documents can be downloaded from the website or CX Portal:
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ)When can I do Internship?
During your final year (last semester and not taking more than 2 courses)
Can I register for Internship?
NO. Registration is done by the internship office upon submission of all the required documents.
Where do I get Internship forms?
Internship forms are available on the website or on the cx portal
How do I get Internship?
A student can secure an internship on their own or through adverts sent by the internship office or can be placed through the internship office after a competitive interview process.
When is the best time to get placement for Internship?
Begin exploring internship placements not later than one semester preceding time intended to take an internship.
Can I undertake an Internship and a project at the same time?
NO. A student can either take internship or project
How long is the Internship and what is the minimum number of hours of doing Internship?
The internship is spread over three months (whole semester) and students are expected to work for a minimum of 400 hours.
Can I change my place of Internship along the way?
YES. As long as this is communicated to the internship office in good time
Can I do Internship outside of Kenya?
Students have the liberty to choose where they want to work so long as they communicate this information to the Internship Office.
Do I get a grade or a credit for the Internship Class?
- Intern's Daily Diary
- Internship Contract - Agreement Form
- Internship Indemnity Form
- Internship Evaluation Form
Internship Office General Contacts
Location: Office no 24, First Floor, Science Center
- KENYA COMMERCIAL BANK Deadline: 20 March 2017
- Musoni Kenya Deadline: 17 March 2017
- Broll Property Group Deadline: 22 March 2017
- The Nafisika Trust Deadline: 17 March 2017
- Kenya Power & Lighting Deadline: 17 March 2017
- Kenya Buzz Deadline: 24 March 2017
- K24 Deadline: 17 March 2017
- Royal Media Services Deadline: N/A
- TechMtaa Deadline: 17 March 2017
- Chiromo Lane Hospital Deadline: 17 March 2017
- Extentia Information Technology, India Deadline: 23 March 2017
- Jenzabar Deadline: 23 March 2017
- Urban Live Event Management LTD Deadline: 23 March 2017