The health centre provides a holistic approach to your health needs below are the processes to follow when visiting the health centre
- Patients seeking medical care at the USIU- Africa health centre are required to register at the reception desk with their student ID , thereafter are sent to the triage area where the nursing team takes your vital signs which include temperature , blood pressure, weight and when need be blood sugar. A brief history of the reason you are visiting the health centre is also required at this point.
- You may be asked to wait in the waiting area as there could be a que waiting to be served .Please be patient at this point as we are attending to your fellow colleagues at the same time as you.
- Once this step is completed you will be sent to either the clinician or doctors consultation room where you may have to wait in a que to be served.
- At the clinician/ doctors consultation ,a history of your condition and physical examination will be carried out thereafter if need be you will be sent for either diagnostic testing ,to the pharmacy, or referral given for specialist care when need arises .
- At the pharmacy the drugs prescribed for you are dispensed and handed over to you.
- In case of lab tests being needed, you will be referred to an external lab and are expected to return for a review with the results. Please note if you have a medical insurance cover , either personal or from the university please inform the clinician or doctor so they can guide you on how to use it to access laboratory services or referrals .
- For the students in the sports teams , they have a GPA sports cover that provides a medical cover for them for injuries sustained while playing for the university . In case of injuries sustained on campus or within Nairobi you can access care at Aga Khan University Hospital with a letter of undertaking from the USIU-A health centre and a claim form that is given to you at the health centre. For injuries sustained while playing outside Nairobi , a contingency is set up to get you the care needed .
Read more ...