- Bank cash deposits
- Bankers checks
- Personal checks
- Telegraphic transfers (Wire transfer)
- All major Credit cards/Visa Debit Cards.
- Payment currencies are either in Kenya Shillings or US$ and the rate depends on current bank rates
- Cash payments in excess of KES 1, 000 are not accepted at the cash office. This may be paid by cash deposits in the bank accounts or by MPESA.
- Cash deposits will be receipted to the student account from our bank statements
- No need to bring cash deposit slips to our cash office
- One must ensure that the correct student ID number is included on the deposit slip
- Receipts will be collected from cash office one day after depositing cash in the bank
- The modes of payment below must be presented to the cash office for receipting
- Bankers Cheques
- Personal cheques.
- All major Credit cards/Visa Debit Cards.
- A penalty of 10% of the check amount to a maximum of KES.5,000 is charged on any returned checks
- To avoid penalty ensure availability of funds in your account.
- Also ensure checks are drawn to USIU-Africa, correctly dated and duly signed.
- On Safaricom menu select Pay bill
- Enter USIU-Africa Business number – 516900
- Enter amount to pay
- Acct. number – student ID No. and name.
- Currently, payment is up to a maximum of KES.70, 000 per transaction and a limit of KES.140, 000 transacted per day.
Cooperative Bank: A/c No. 01120002134100
Commercial Bank of Africa: KESs- A/c No. 6438840014
Commercial bank of AfricaUS Dollar- A/C No. 6462210014
Standard Chartered Bank: A/c no. 0104023439700
These banks have USIU-Africa deposit slips with a USIU-Africa logo and account numbers
Not able to make it to school on week days and paying by check?
Indicate the ID # at the back of the check and sign it in at the security desk at the administration block, and drop it into the safety box for receipting the next day.
International students not from EAST AFRICA should remit their funds to the listed account;
US Dollar Account Number:6462210014
Account Name:USIU or U.S. International University
SWIFT Code: CBAFKENX
Intermediary Bank:JP Morgan Chase Bank, New York
Routing Number: 021000021
Kenya Commercial Bank - A/C No. 1179516710
- A pupil’s pass fee of KES 5,000 (US$ 70) per year will be required for non-Kenyan students.
- For students in session for more than three semesters, the government gives a two year pass which amounts to KES.10,000 (US$ 140)
- Fees must be paid in FULL on or before the date the semester begins.
- All freshmen must pay fees in full to be able to register for courses.
- NB: There is an interest charge of 1.5% per month on any outstanding debit balance from the 2nd day of the semester.
- An installment payment plan is available for Kenyan students at the beginning of their 2nd semester.
- Fees for one semester can be paid in a maximum of three installments
- Installment payments must be accompanied by a fully-filled in Deferred Payment Plan Form from the Finance office and returned within the first two weeks of the semester.
- The 1st installment is due within the 1st two weeks of the semester.
- The 2nd and the 3rd installment are due on the 7th of the following two months respectively.
- If one fails to honor the plan he /she will be denied the privilege in future.
- NB: There is an interest charge of 1.5% per month on any outstanding debit balance from the 2nd day of the semester even if the student is on the installment plan.
- Students can only register after full payment of their fees. For pre-registration students must have zero balance in their student account.
- An add and drop fee of KES500 is charged on any course registered from the day the semester begins
- A late registration fee of KES2000 is charged from the 2nd day of the semester for any courses registered.
- Any course dropped within the first week of the semester, a charge of 10% of the tuition is payable.
- Any course dropped within the second week of the semester, a charge of 25% of the tuition is payable.
- Any course dropped after the second week of the semester, full tuition is payable on the course.
- This is given upon payment of the full fees or upon getting an approved deferred payment plan (after payment of the 1st installment) at the student accounts section.
- It allows the student to access the library books and other facilities on campus
- Tuition cannot be refunded for continuing students’ .However, upon final clearance from the university, remaining tuition will be refunded to the sponsor /student’s declared bank account.
- Students are required to open their own bank accounts through which funds for student upkeep will be channeled by their sponsors.
- Upkeep money should not be deposited in USIU-Africa Bank account.
- Students with excess money in their school accounts may be allowed to debit for university related services unless sponsors/parents advise otherwise.
- Students are not allowed to transfer funds to other students.
- Our transport services are outsourced to ZUKA Transport Co.
- Transport fee per Semester is KES 10,000
- The transport fee should be paid by check or bank deposit to the USIU-Africa account.
- This can be paid separately or as an extra payment over and above school fees
- For continuing students on an installment plan, this service must be paid for separately.
- Deferred payment plan forms
- Tuition refund forms