Applicants for admissions into the undergraduate degree programs are subject to selective screening based on academic achievement at the secondary level.
The table below shows the standards for evaluating secondary school credentials for undergraduate admissions.
|Minimum Requirements||C + (plus) and above||5 Credits in any 5 subjects at 'O’ Level, or 2 Principal C’s at 'A’ Level||G.P.A. of 2.50 or higher||5 Upper Level Passes||5 Credits in any 5 subjects at 'O’ Level, and/or 'A’ Level passes of C|
Applicants for admissions into any of the Masters program include the following:
|Graduate Program||M.A. Communication Studies, M.A. Counseling Psychology, M.A International Relations, MSc. Information Systems and Technology, MBA, EMOD, and GeMBA|
|Requirements||- Baccalaureate degree or its equivalent from an accredited institution with a CGPA of 2.5 or better|
- Work Experience
Requirements for applicants for admissions into any of the Doctoral programs include the following:
|Doctoral Program||Doctor of Business Administration (DBA)||Doctor of Philosophy in International Relations (Phd. IR)||Doctor of Psychology (Psy. D), Clinical Psychology|
|Requirements||Graduate degree in a business discipline from an accredited tertiary institution/University.||Graduate degree or its equivalent from an accredited institution/University.||Graduate degree or its equivalent from an accredited institution.|
|Other requirements as detailed on the Application Forms or as Advertised.|
It should be noted that:
- For Bachelor of Pharmacy, a minimum grade of ‘B-’ C+ of math and science subject will be required.
- For B.Sc. Epidemiology & Biostatistics, a minimum aggregate of C+ and attained the following minimum grades in the specified subjects: Biology C+; Mathematics B-; and English B-; or
- International credentials that are not noted above will be evaluated in accordance with the International Academic Credentials Handbook.
- A TOEFL score of 550 for Paper-based, 213 for Computer-based, 90 for Internet-based test (IBT) and above, or a Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English of grade C or better is required for those applicants whose language of instruction is not English.
- Meeting the minimum entrance requirement for any of the programs does not guarantee admissions into the University program.
Application Procedures & Deadlines
All applicants are expected to satisfy procedures and criteria for admission to USIU-Africa, and to submit acceptable original documents which verify that they have satisfactorily completed all admission requirements.
Students who meet all requirements will be considered for acceptance to the University. However, meeting the minimum entrance requirements does not guarantee admission into a University program.
Admission is strictly based on merit, and conditionally admitted students must present the required documents within their term of study. Failure to do so will prohibit further registration.
Please visit our Application Procedures page for further details.
The tuition fees for the academic year 2017–2018 are detailed in the fee schedule found here.
For more information, please get in touch with:
United States International University - Africa
Off Thika Road – Kasarani,
P. O. Box 14634 - 00800,
Facebook | Twitter